Schedule a Video Visit Today!
We’ve heard from many concerned families, wondering how to safely access care during this time of heightened anxiety and fear. We understand your hesitation in coming in for a visit right now, and we have a solution: Metropolitan Pediatrics is launching video visits for all locations!
In our clinics, we are not taking ANY chances! We must remain open, here for our families, and a safe space for everyone who needs care. While COVID-19 remains a concern, EVERY sick visit will start as a video visit. We are also pre-screening well visits to ensure that patients coming in for routine care have no symptoms they could share with others.
With your help, we can keep each other safe and get through this trying time together! Your patience, cooperation, and flexibility during this time are greatly appreciated. Thank you for being understanding as we shuffle things around to prioritize everyone’s health and safety.
Which visits can be done virtually?
- Sick Visits. For the time being, every sick visit will start as a video visit. We will assess your child’s symptoms over video and discuss what to do next. If there are any services that need to be done in person, you will not be charged for an additional office visit—just the labs and/or tests ordered by your teledoc.
- Medication Checks. This type of visit is typically used for children on ADHD or depression medications to maintain effective dosing. If you need to come into the clinic for a quick weight or blood pressure check, that will be arranged.
- Rechecks. Follow-up appointments for a previous diagnosis, such as pneumonia, asthma, rashes, skin infections, endocrine issues (thyroid or diabetes), mononucleosis (mono), and many more.
- Behavioral Health. Speak with our behavioral health team via a virtual visit to help with your child’s anxiety during this difficult time, or to care for your ongoing behavioral health needs.
- Lactation Support. We have board-certified lactation consultants here to help with any breastfeeding concerns.
- Meet & Greets. These visits give you an opportunity to learn about our practice and services—and meet your future pediatrician!
Not sure if your child’s needs can be met with a video visit? Just ask!
How does it work?
When you call to make an appointment, simply request a video visit.
When it’s time for your visit, one of our team members will call to walk you through check-in and how to connect with us. We recommend using a computer when possible, but a mobile phone will work if it’s the only option available.
The platform we use to conduct video visits is called Zoom. Here’s how to access your visit:
- Go to our website: www.metropediatrics.com.
- Hover over the “Patients” tab and click “Zoom Video Visit.”
- Click “Join Visit (Patients)” button.
- Enter the meeting ID provided over the phone.
- Click the “Join” button.
You will then be placed in the virtual waiting room until your provider is ready to see you.
Zoom also has a mobile app you can download:
Does my health plan cover a video visit?
Most health plans, including Oregon Health Plan (OHP), cover video visits the same way they cover in-person visits with your pediatrician or pediatric psychologist. How or where the visit takes place does not change how it’s covered by your benefits. If a copay applies for your visit, we will collect it over the phone during the check-in process.
During the COVID-19 crisis, the federal and state government have both ordered health plans to provide coverage for telehealth services. They understand, just like we do, that continuing care for your family is important, and they’re making sure you have the safety you need to make that happen.
Until we can meet again, we hope to video visit with you!