Sponsorship Guidelines, Policy & Approval Process
Metropolitan Pediatrics proudly supports children’s health and well-being in the communities we serve – Beaverton, Tigard, NW Portland, Happy Valley, and Gresham. Each year, several community organizations request sponsorship support in the form of events, including dinners, runs/walks, health fairs, or advertisements in programs. Although careful consideration is given to all requests, please be advised that our funds are limited, and we regret that we are unable to fulfill every request.
Sponsorships must align with our mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives. All sponsorships should relate to children’s health and well-being, and benefit children and families in our community.
We ask that community organizations submit requests a minimum of 10-12 weeks prior to the date of the event. All requests for sponsorship must be accompanied by a completed Community Event/Project Sponsorship Request Form.
The following guidelines describe our submission and review process for all requests:
Consideration for sponsorships will be based on the following:
- The organization or event must promote children’s health and well-being.
- Benefit to the communities we serve – Beaverton, Gresham, Happy Valley, or NW Portland.
- Metropolitan Pediatrics cannot support individual participation in a fundraising event or activity for the sole benefit of the individual, such as registration fees, equipment or uniforms, trips, etc.
- Requesting organizations must be in good standing and have a positive community image.
The organization/event must meet the above criteria and answer “yes” to at least one of the questions below. Preference will be given to requests where the answer is “yes” to more than one question.
- Does the organization and event/activity advance a community health priority (health, fitness, safety, well-being and health promotion, disease prevention, access to care or community services)?
- Will the sponsorship provide Metropolitan Pediatrics with an opportunity to communicate our message—whether it is marketing or health-related?
- Will the sponsorship provide Metropolitan Pediatrics with an opportunity to market/promote key services?
If this minimum requirement is met, then the following guidelines will be used to help further determine how to allocate limited sponsorship dollars:
- Value: The event/activity provides good promotional value for the dollars invested.
- Geographic Reach/Size of Audience: The event/activity reaches a desirable target audience in our service areas, such as patrons, potential patients, and their families. The larger the target audience reached, the better value provided.
- Public Relations: Participation in the event will leave a good impression within the community.
- On-Site Involvement: There is an opportunity for on-site involvement at the event.
Review & Approval Process
- All organizations approaching Metropolitan Pediatrics for sponsorship must complete the Community Event/Project Sponsorship Request Form.
- We ask that community organizations submit requests 10-12 weeks prior to the date of the event. Requests that are received less than 10 weeks in advance of the deadline for making a decision risk being excluded from consideration.
- Sponsorship requests will be reviewed by our Executive Board on a monthly basis, and we will contact you with our decision. Please be advised that we may not be able to fulfill every sponsorship request we receive, even if the request meets our criteria.
- Questions about our sponsorship process and criteria may be directed to Megan Thompson, [email protected].
How to Submit a Sponsorship Request
- Review our sponsorship criteria above.
- Complete the Community Event/Project Sponsorship Request Form and mail it to the address below, or submit your request online.
- Be sure to include all supporting materials and documentation.
Mail Sponsorship Requests to:
Metropolitan Pediatrics – Sponsorship Request
15455 NW Greenbrier Parkway, Suite 112
Beaverton, OR 97006