Recommended Books | Children:
- Beyond Discipline: Parenting that Lasts a Lifetime by Edward R. Christophersen
- Freeing Your Child from Anxiety: Powerful, Practical Solutions to Overcome Your Child’s Fears, Worries, and Phobias by Tamar Chansky
- Incredible Years: A Troubleshooting Guide for Parents of Children Aged 3 to 8 by Carolyn Webster-Stratton
- Parenting That Works: Building Skills that Last a Lifetime by Edward R. Christophersen & Susan L. Mortweet
- Parenting the Strong-Willed Child by Rex L. Forehand and Nicholas Long
- Raising Your Spirited Child: A Guide for Parents Whose Child Is More Intense, Sensitive, Perceptive, Persistent, and Energetic by Mary S. Kurcinka
- Raising Your Spirited Child Workbook by Mary S. Kurcinka
- SOS! Help for Parents: A Practical Guide for Handling Common Everyday Behavior Problems by Lynn Clarke
- The Berenstain Bears Learn about Strangers by Stan & Jan Berenstain
- The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, “Chronically Inflexible” Children by Ross W. Greene
- Tobin Learns to Make Friends by Diane Murrell
- Volcano in My Tummy: Helping Children to Handle Anger by Warwick Pudney & Elaine Whitehouse
- Your Defiant Child: 8 Steps to Better Behavior by Russell Barkley and Christine Benton
Recommended Books | Teens:
- AAP’s HealthyChildren.org
- AAP’s HealthyChildren.org – Spanish
- Ataxic Cerebral Palsy
- Autism – Spectrums Magazine
- Back-to-school Anxiety
- Children with Anxiety
- Children with Anxiety – For Parents
- Choosing a Preschool for Your Child
- Developmental Milestones
- National Child Stress Traumatic Network
- Positive Reinforcement
- Printable Behavioral Reinforcement Charts for Children
- Tips for Communicating with Your Child
- USDA Nutrition Guidelines for Children
Most of the following apps cost money; however, you can download several basic relaxation/meditation apps for free!
- 3D Brain helps explain everything from executive functioning to trauma.
- Taming the Anger-Monster teaches younger kids anger management skills.
- DBT Diary Card and Skills Coach teaches teens and adults some fundamental skills to help with emotional regulation, distress tolerance, and fostering healthier social relationships.
- iCBT lets users track and correct negative thinking.
- iCouch CBT helps kids and adults practice correcting automatic negative thought patterns.
- MoodKit is a great tool for teens and young adults with mood-related issues. It includes multiple Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) exercises, as well as sections on improving health habits, increasing social activities, and increasing physical activity.
- Simply Being – Guided Meditation for Relaxation and Presence is a decent and fairly inexpensive mindfulness based app.
- Relax & Sleep Well guides users through several relaxation exercises.
- Sosh is a social skills app specifically designed for teens and young adults with Asperger’s Syndrome. Due to the cost of this app, we recommend trying the free trial version prior to purchase.