Congratulations and thank you for considering Metropolitan Pediatrics as your child’s Medical Home! We encourage you to join our practice before the arrival of your child with a Prenatal Meet & Greet with your future pediatrician.
What is a Meet & Greet?
A Meet & Greet is a no-charge appointment to get-to-know your future pediatrician.
Should your preferred pediatrician not be available for a Meet & Greet, another one of our physicians would be happy to sit down with you to answer any questions you may have about parenthood and our practice.
How do I schedule a Meet & Greet?
Contact the office of the pediatrician you would like to meet. Indicate to the receptionist that you would like to schedule a Prenatal Meet & Greet with your chosen physician.
Questions to Ask Your Pediatrician
As a new parent, we expect you to have a lot of questions. Please feel free to ask us anything!
- What is your schedule — Are you full time or part time?
- How long have you been in practice?
- Do you have any specific areas of interest?
- How easy is it for me to make an appointment to see you?
- How do I get ahold of you if I want to speak directly to you?
- Who does newborn rounds in the hospital?
- Who takes care of kids if they’re hospitalized?
- What is your immunization schedule?
- Where do you refer patients for subspecalists?
♥ Circumcision: the risks and benefits
♥ How to keep babies healthy
♥ Babies and exposure to the public
♥ Items to buy before the baby arrives
♥ Clinic hours and availability
♥ Advice hours and availability
♥ Twins/Multiples: support systems, scheduling naps/feedings, must-have items…
What is the pediatrician’s role in the hospital?
One of our pediatricians will see you and your baby within 24-hours of delivery at our affiliated hospitals, more often if your child’s condition necessitates it. Please be advised that visit frequency varies by physician and/or clinic. Ask your pediatrician for more specific details.