Congratulations and thank you for considering Metropolitan Pediatrics as your child’s Medical Home! We encourage you to join our practice before the arrival of your child with a prenatal Meet & Greet with your future pediatrician.
What is a Meet & Greet?
A Meet & Greet is a no-charge appointment to get-to-know your future pediatrician.
Should your preferred pediatrician not be available for a Meet & Greet, another one of our physicians would be happy to sit down with you to answer any questions you may have about parenthood and our practice.
How do I schedule a Meet & Greet?
Contact the office of the pediatrician you would like to meet. Indicate to the receptionist that you would like to schedule a prenatal Meet & Greet with your chosen physician.
Questions to Ask Your Pediatrician
As a new parent, we expect you to have a lot of questions. Please feel free to ask us anything!
- What is your schedule — Are you full time or part time?
- How long have you been in practice?
- Do you have any specific areas of interest?
- How easy is it for me to make an appointment to see you?
- How do I get ahold of you if I want to speak directly to you?
- Who does newborn rounds in the hospital?
- Who takes care of kids if they’re hospitalized?
- What is your immunization schedule?
- Where do you refer patients for subspecalists?
- Circumcision risks & benefits
- How to keep babies healthy
- Babies & exposure to the public
- Items to buy before the baby arrives
- Clinic hours & availability
- Advice hours & availability
- Twins/Multiples: support systems, scheduling naps/feedings, must-have items, etc.
What is the pediatrician’s role in the hospital?
One of our pediatricians will see you and your baby within 24 hours of delivery at our affiliated hospitals, more often if your child’s condition requires it. Please be advised that visit frequency varies by physician and/or clinic. Ask your pediatrician for more specific details.